Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I guess I didn't explain the Tools as well as I thought I had so a refresher is needed on what is used to cut fabric. First of all the MAT is used to protect your surfaces, reason for this is a ROTARY CUTTER is a VERY SHARP TOOL it will cut into the surface of almost anything. The Grid on the MAT is used to help measure your fabric some people don't use the Grid but I do. When you are cutting more than one piece of fabric on your mat it is wise to even up the edges so they are all even with the top piece. I will be setting up some more pix to show how this is done. All these tools are available at JOANNS and in some parts of the country some of them can be picked up at Wal-mart it all depends on if there is a fabric area in your store and how complete they keep it stocked. Also depending on how large it is they may also be sold at some Quilt Speciality Stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment