Thursday, April 15, 2010

Because I don't know how basic I need to go I am starting at a very basic level.

Tools Needed:
Sewing Machine without this there is no need for the rest, I'm not into hand sewing sorry.

Rotary Cutter: Scissors are a thing of the past although they are needed in parts of Quilting they are no longer used to cut out blocks.

Cutting Mat: this is to protect your surfaces and is used with the Rotary Cutter. Mats come in a variety of sizes; my perfered size is 23" or 24" square. They come as small as 4"x 4" square

Rulers: These come in a variety of sizes also. The one I started with is 6" wide & 24" long; I use this ruler for more than any other ruler I have.

Theses tools are used to cut out blocks that you then sew together to make a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment